Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Music

Tonight I am thankful for my music.

In a time of my life when I can have so many emotions running through my head at any minute, music seems to be a place where I can go where I don't have to worry about what people think of what I'm saying. I'm able to speak through my music in a way that helps me release emotion, but in a way that still keeps everything private from anyone who is listening. I find myself singing, playing the piano, or even just listening to or typing lyrics, and all of those things really help to refresh and renew my spirit. I'm not talking about secular music or anything, because those words don't mean a lot to my heart, but songs that have been written by true followers of Christ - songs that express thoughts and desires and beliefs that echo the same things I'm going through with the Lord - that kind of music does wonders for my soul. Thank You, God, for my passion for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment