Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Lack of Sentimentality

Today I am thankful for a lack of sentimentality.

That sounds weird, I know, but in the past at midnight I have felt kinda sad and sentimental about the permanent closing of another year. This year, though, I'm really glad to see 2008 go. It's been a hard year in a lot of ways, and I feel that 2009 is going to be incredibly exciting. I'm glad that I didn't even notice when the clock struck 12:00, because this year I don't want to feel sentimental or sad. I want to be excited about the coming months and about what God is going to do in my life during this year!

P.S. This post was actually written after midnight (obviously), but I want the date to be accurate on the blog, so I'm going to say it was really written on the 31st. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment