Thursday, December 25, 2008

Celebration of The Day

Today I am thankful for the celebration of the day.

I love the Relient K song that says "I celebrate the day that You were born to die so I might one day pray for You to save my life." That phrase truly represents the praise that we should be offering to the Lord on Christmas. He came...to die...for our salvation. Christmas isn't just about a cute baby boy in a manger bed with cows mooing around him; it's about our Savior coming to earth in human form, knowing that within a short time He would be persecuted and put to death so that His love and gift of salvation could be poured out to many undeserving sinners like me. Lord, I am grateful that we are able to celebrate this day - without Your sacrifice, this day would be nothing more than another day for us to fall short of Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment