Friday, December 19, 2008

My Last Day

Today I am thankful for my last day.

It was harder than I thought to leave my group of kids at George and Central JHS, but I'm glad it's all over in a way. I'm ready for a break from the school life and a time to relax and refocus is going to be good. The end of this "era" is good, too, because it causes me to reflect on what I've learned over the past 18 weeks. I've learned why I want to be a teacher, and at the same time I've learned why there's a good chance that I don't want to be a teacher. I'm eager to sort it all out next semester, but for now, I'm simply grateful that I made it through!

P.S. Carlos passed his retake of his final exam today, and so he got his poster of Paris. I am so grateful today for the smile that was on his face as he left our room with that poster! I'm gonna miss him a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment