Monday, December 22, 2008

A Conversation

Today I am thankful for a conversation.

It's been so long without a decent conversation with Ryan, that I find myself truly grateful for even a brief talk on Facebook. At the begging of my sisters, I finally closed the "stalker box" this morning, and thus wasn't able to keep tabs as easily on when he logged off/logged on/started typing to me, etc. I was about to log off myself when suddenly, look who sent me a message?! He was just asking about a game-used football that I was trying to get for him, but then instead of ending the conversation as has become the custom, we actually got to have a decent conversation for a few minutes. We talked about my desire to go on a mission trip sometime soon, and now he knows that I've been praying about God's direction in the Perspectives class (so he should know that if I sign up, it's not for his benefit). Like I said, it was a brief conversation, but it was a real conversation that included more than one-word responses from him every five minutes. I'm going to sleep a whole lot better just knowing that we can still have an okay conversation, and I'm grateful for that. I think I'm finding it easier to lose my hopes of having a "more-than-friends" relationship with him (even though the desire's still there to an extent), but my sorrow in losing our friendship is still very much there. That conversation tonight helped me feel like that friendship can return...a glimpse of hope is what I am grateful for tonight.

P.S. Happy 13th Birthday, Joseph! I'm thankful for you, too! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment