Monday, May 9, 2011

An Unexpected Back Massage

Today I am thankful for an unexpected back massage.

So, I've had some pretty extreme back and neck pain/tightness for about as long as I've been married. I don't think there's any correlation between the two, but basically it's been hurting for a while. I finally got tired of it and went to the chiropractor today. I'll find out tomorrow morning what is causing the pain, and whether they'll be able to fix it (rather, how much it will cost me to fix it), but at the very end of the appointment I got a surprise. The doctor recommended something called "therapy." Basically, they put these ice bags on a table and told me lay on top of them, and then they turned on the electric massage. I got to lay there for 15 minutes while this chair rubbed and relaxed my back. It was amazing. I wonder if I can find a way to get the same treatment tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment