Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No More Storms

Today I am thankful for no more storms.

So, technically, I am writing this on Thursday night, but I will change the post date to make it look like it was late last night. I do that every now and then...sometimes I fall asleep before getting a chance to post. :-)

Anyways, this night was tricky because we had a pretty significant storm headed right into Louisville, which is where we are staying in the top floor of a hotel. We were up late watching weather trackers online and on the tv waiting with our shoes on to go downstairs if we needed to do so. This particular round of storms had been tornadic earlier on in the day. Thankfully, by the time it got to us, it was "just" 90 mile-per-hour winds. They told us not to stand near windows until it was over, but I'll admit we opened up the curtains and watched it roll in. Storms are scary, but fascinating to watch when you feel like you're safe! They're saying this is the last of the severe storms for a while. I couldn't be more grateful for that fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment