Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Day Without Graduating

Today I am thankful for a day without graduating.

It seems like I've been to a lot of graduations. I've been to three of my own, three for siblings, and a handful of others for friends or because I was a musician for one. I could've gone to the UofA graduation. My brother, sister-in-law and a host of dear friends from my college days were getting diplomas, but I just couldn't bring myself to sit through another one this year. Another brother will have a high school graudation next week that I'll probably attend, but today we chose to keep the youngest brother at home with us while the rest of the family went to Barnhill Arena. It's not that I'm not proud of all those I know who graduated, because I am; I just needed a day without graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment