Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ants

Today I am thankful for ants.

Another "because I have to" post...

We had a swarm of ants appear on our bedroom window earlier tonight. It was one of the grossest things I have ever seen, and I am still having at least imaginary itching from it. The maintenance crew was already gone and we had no bug spray, so we killed the swarm with a whole bottle of multi-purpose cleaner. Maybe not killed, but dazed long enough to allow us to squash them with paper towels. Hopefully, the rest of them will be killed tomorrow and the problem will be solved.

I'm not sure that I can come up with anything to be thankful for about ants. In an effort to find something good, I did a little Google search...

"During the reproductive season, an ant colony will produce winged males and females which usually swarm around a landmark, such as a tree or hill, to mate."

Yep, we have the winged ones. They are swarming around our landmark of a window to mate. Lovely.

Perhaps today I am thankful for multi-purpose cleaner. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment