Saturday, September 3, 2011

Learning Experiences

Today I am thankful for learning experiences.

I'm back. I think for real this time. I've taken a break, not from being thankful, but from posting. I could have managed it, but I just needed a break.

Anyway, this has been one of those weeks that is full of new things that I don't know how to deal with, but that I have to learn how to deal with on the spot. Things like 'what to do when your mother-in-law doesn't like your planned menu' or 'how to react when your husband's online payment account gets hacked' or 'what to say when another person's words shock you to the core.' I guarantee you that I didn't respond like I should have in the moment, but I know that I learned much in the experience and in the thought process, humbling apologies and recurring occurrences that followed.

On Tuesday, we'll have been married 10 months. I have soooooooooooo much more to learn than 10 months could do.

1 comment:

  1. In many ways, I feel like I have learned more since I graduated school than I did while in school. I still learn these kinds of things daily, and I am old. :) Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete