Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Win Either Way, An Early Bedtime, Easy Cooking, Productivity, A New Job

On Tuesday, I was thankful for a win either way. There's one day a year when Kentucky plays Arkansas in basketball. Since I graduated from the University of Arkansas twice and grew up a Hog fan, I have to cheer for my team. My husband, though, has been a die-hard Wildcat fan since birth, and he has no choice in who he roots for either. That means we are on opposite sides of the couch for this one. Somehow, for me though, because I have converted to a UK fan the other 364 days of the year, I wasn't disappointed when my Hogs lost. For me, it felt like a win either way. That's love, my friends. True love.

On Wednesday, I was thankful for an early bedtime. We didn't have any choir or band practice, so we got an unusual early night at home. We had plans to watch a few episodes of one of our favorite TV shows on DVD, but somehow that turned into falling asleep before we could even get it started. We woke up only to get dressed for bed and go back to sleep. I couldn't do that every night, but every now and then is wonderful.

On Thursday, I was thankful for easy cooking. I've mentioned before how much Ryan likes poppyseed chicken. We hadn't had it for a while, so I threw it together on Thursday night after work. I love knowing that something so simple is going to be loved and eaten and enjoyed. He even had seconds, which is hard to get my health-conscious man to do. I never imagined how much I would love something simple like that as a wife.

On Friday, I was thankful for productivity. Neither of us woke up with big plans to accomplish a lot, but somehow we ended up doing just that. Nothing extremely important, but we finished a few things that we've been 'thinking' about doing for a while. We still felt like we rested on our day off, but I think the rest felt even sweeter knowing that some of those tasks were now behind us.

Today, I am thankful for a new job. Just to clarify, I still have my old job and I love it, but this is just another 2-3 hours each week. I have been praying off and on for some small ways to supplement our income as we continue to pray about adding to our family. I was given an opportunity that was confirmed this morning that is a wonderful one of those small supplements. It's something that I love doing, and it's for a growing ministry that has been praying for someone who would do this work in a Christ-exalting way. I'm so blessed to be a part.

It's been a good week!

1 comment: