Monday, January 16, 2012

A Game of Spades, A Pure Husband, An Organized Grocery Run & Mexican Food

On Friday, I was thankful for a game of spades. It might as well have been Saturday's thankful, too, because the game lasted until almost midnight. It has been so nice to develop a 'couple friendship.' We absolutely loved our evening with friends full of belly laughs and good Baptist card-playin'.

On Saturday, I was thankful for a pure husband. I'll admit, we watched a bit of the Miss America pageant and happened to turn it on right as the swimsuits were on full display. My husband's attention was not automatically directed towards it, and he didn't find it thrilling to watch, even though I look nothing like those beautiful women did in their swimsuits.

On Sunday, I was thankful for an organized grocery run. I hate going to the store, especially on a busy day by myself. Ryan had a meeting after church, though, which provided an opportune time for me to run the errand. I have a system now, though, thanks to a handful of iPhone apps, that let me plan my menu and my shopping trip in just a few minutes. Then, to top it all off, gave me my list in order of my walk around the store, which makes it so much easier. Might I have actually enjoyed grocery shopping? Oh dear...

And today, I am thankful for Mexican food. Oh, how I have missed thee, wonderful cheese sauce! I was feeling brave and hungry last night, so we ordered take-out from one of our favorites down the street. They gave me beef instead of chicken, but it still tasted wonderful. I'm having leftovers as we speak, and it's even more wonderful. If I'm not careful, that whole 'new size' post from last week is going to be deleted! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! We are really enjoying our phone app for grocery store shopping too. It has helped a lot. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete