Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weddings

Today I am thankful for weddings.

Ever since November 6, 2010 (my wedding day), it has become very difficult for me to attend weddings. I love weddings...really love them...but it seems I loved our wedding so much, I may forever critique those who do things differently. I hope that changes soon, because in a family of my size, there's sure to be many more ceremonies to attend. That started even today as the first of my cousins got married. In the meantime, though, I'll find some reasons to be thankful for my current predicament.

1. It makes me more and more grateful for the simplicity that my parents raised me to appreciate.
2. It makes me more and more grateful for pastors who were intentional in making the Gospel clear to our friends and family.
3. It makes me more and more grateful for a husband who helped with every step in the process and didn't let me become Bridezilla.
4. It makes me more and more grateful for the joyous, but serious, commitments that were made.

There's more, but I feel like I'm going to start ranting...let's just say I'm glad today was my last wedding for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment