Friday, June 10, 2011

A Shiny Ring

Today I am thankful for a shiny ring.

We spent a good portion of the day (more than expected) painting a wall in Ryan's office at church. Since we would've taken our rings off to do that anyway, we took them to the jeweler to have them cleaned...or to get their seven-month checkup, as I like to call it. :-) I feel like I'm wearing a new ring tonight and happy to have it back. After wearing it all the time, it was weird to have it off...even for just a few hours.

A simple thing to be thankful for compared to other events this week, but it serves as a good reminder/symbol of a much bigger commitment I am very grateful for!

1 comment:

  1. Mine could probably use a checkup too. It would be hard to not wear it though...I rarely take it off and feel strange when I do. Like you said, it is a good reminder of the commitment we made!

    ReplyDelete