Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Test of Faithfulness

Today I am thankful for a test of faithfulness.

A few months ago, I went out on a limb and applied for a part-time teaching job in Rogers. I had a variety of reasons for doing so, and I never thought I'd get a call. A few months went by and I had resigned myself (contently) to remaining full time where I'm at now. Then today came...

I received a call from a great principal requesting an interview with me this afternoon for the job. It was just an interview, so I met her after work. It went really well, but I walked away struggling with even the thought of taking the job. While I loved my year of student teaching, I don't know that I could say with confidence that teaching French is my passion at this point. More importantly than that, though, was the fact that I spent a whole week wrestling through a decision (the house) in order to make sure that my heart was longing for material things rather than what God wanted for us. I had a hard time looking at this decision without looking at the material aspect...because without that it was an easy decision to make. After the heart inspection I had to do last week, it came as a good test of my faithfulness to the point that God brought me to then.

I still love the idea of teaching French someday...and maybe God will provide that...just not right now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment