Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life & Death

Today I am thankful for life and death.

Funerals are so hard for me to attend. It's wonderful to celebrate the life of someone you love, and especially to celebrate the new and eternal life that that person now enjoys if they are a believer. So many of the funerals I've been to lately, though, seem to dwell so much more on death than on the life part. I know that's the part that we're grieving at the moment, but the death of a believer is only for an instant. The life that we shared with them and the life they now enjoy with Christ is such a greater thing to celebrate! It was difficult to witness the pain of friends and family today as they mourned a grandma's death, but I am so grateful that she is now at the feet of her Savior in awe and wonder of Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment