Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Year

Today I am thankful for another year.


It's been one of those birthdays that's memorable for all of the wrong reasons. Not that it's been bad...just uneventful. Sunday birthdays are always a little bit weird (definitely not in a bad way), but that wasn't the problem at all. We left soon after church to begin the drive to Kentucky for Ryan's grandma's funeral. I am thankful that we avoided rain for most of the way, but once we got to the big metropolis of Sullivan, Missouri, I started feeling a little bit down. It just wasn't the birthday I had imagined. I keep reminding myself, though, that it's not about the celebration...it's about the grace of God allowing another year of life and blessings. Really, another day, or minute, of life and blessings when you think about it.

Oh, and I'm also grateful that it's been one year since I told Ryan Martin that I'd be his wife. It is kinda fun to travel the roads we took last July 3rd on our way to the proposal site. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to you! I understand what you are saying. In my mind, my birthday should be a special day. I thought of you today because I knew you were going to be leaving after church...hope it was special even on the road.

    ReplyDelete