Friday, July 1, 2011

An Eventful Day

Today I am thankful for an eventful day.

My birthday weekend has officially started! We had a fun dinner with friends last night (and a delicious strawberry shortcake to go with it!) and then Ryan surprised me right before I went to sleep with my first birthday gift ... a night at Embassy Suites just for a fun little getaway. I don't like to go far, so a mini-vacation 20 minutes away is perfect for me! So, I'm thankful for that tonight, especially after a week of babysitting brothers. :-)

To go along with that, we enjoyed a double-date tonight with my parents before my dad heads off for another week-long business trip. Olive Garden and TCBY - such a fun treat!

This morning began with the home inspection, the final step before closing on the house. Praise God - everything checked out well with the exception of a few minor things that will be easy to clear up after we get moved in. We thought that would be the case, but it was a relief to have approval from an expert as well.

After that checked out, we went and picked out living room and bedroom furniture. So much fun!!! I am oh so eager to get in and start making the house our home.

Oh, and I am also thankful today for birthday coupons and leftover cake. I'm trying to plan out my free meals according to the coupon expiration dates so as to maximize the benefits of the celebration. :-)

It's been a busy, but refreshing day. After a hectic week and with a quick drive to Kentucky and a funeral to come in the next few days, this particular Friday was a huge blessing...worthy of a longer post than normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment