Monday, January 2, 2012

Puzzles

Today I am thankful for puzzles.

It seems silly. A lot of my "thankfuls" seem silly to me, but I'm learning that we're meant to be thankful for the silly things, too. They bring us joy, and I'm thankful for joy.

I bought Ryan a puzzle of San Diego for Christmas. It was perhaps a selfish purchase because I love spending time on projects with my husband, but he really did enjoy it. Plus, it came in this really cute carrying case that looks like a travel trunk. He likes to travel. :-) We had a hard time not wishing we were in San Diego on our honeymoon again, but we loved the time spent together with the sounds of football in the background and a smile or laugh every now and then when we grabbed for the same piece. It was the perfect way to spend the last few hours of our Christmas/New Years break.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I love doing puzzles. I need to get back to doing my beach puzzle. What a fun way for you to end the holidays!

    ReplyDelete