Monday, January 9, 2012

Giving Gifts, A Hog Win, Sweet Beth & New Faces at LifeGroup

Today I am thankful for giving gifts.

Ryan's birthday is in 20 days and I have been agonizing over what to get him. I've been planning for months to buy him a grill, but this week I started wondering if that would seem too selfish of me (since I would ask him to grill for me often!). I got to the point where the decision was really weighing on me today, and I wanted to throw in the towel and forget birthday gifts all together.

But then I had a better idea (and told him about the grill idea, which he said he would have loved...bummer), and decided to change my attitude. It is a blessing to be able to give gifts at all. Not everyone has that privilege and would love to be able to do it, rather financially or just to have someone to give a gift to. It's a gift in itself to be able to give; therefore, I am grateful.

Oh, and to make up for my three missed days of thankfulness... (my need for sleep gets the better of me)

On January 6, I was thankful for a Hog Win! And...for 20 of my friends and family to celebrate the victory with me.

On January 7, I was thankful for sweet Beth. We enjoyed a meal that a dear friend made for me the week of my surgery. I had frozen it at the time because the holidays (and the family involved) provided food for Ryan. It was a wonderful treat to have almost three weeks later.

On January 8, I was thankful for new faces at LifeGroup. We had gotten down to, at times, only 3 guests in our home for LifeGroup. While that was still special and a great time of fellowship, it was fun to have a "fuller" house last night with new friends and faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment