Sunday, January 1, 2012

People Who Sing

Today I am that thankful for people who sing.

I know I'm a music person, but one thing that really bugs me is when people don't sing in church. It's so disheartening to stand in the choir and look out at so many people with their arms folded or hands in their pockets, mouths closed, and a sour scowl on their face. The Lord doesn't care what you sound like. He gave each of us a particular voice after all. He cares about our hearts and commands us many times in Scripture to sing a joyful noise in praise to Him. That joyful noise comes from our hearts, not from our perfect pitch. Anyway, enough of my soapbox. Today was a special day that surprised me at church. We sang 'Blesses Be Your Name,' which happens to be a pretty significant song in my life. All across the sanctuary as the song went on, there were people of all ages spontaneously standing and singing with full hearts and full voices. Seeing their joy only spurred me on to worship with more exuberance.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry we missed that. I do sing but I am pretty sure the people around me wish I didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really cool! I'm sure everyone loves to hear you sing. I know I would. My dad taught me a long time ago to appreciate any voice at any volume...probably because he can be so loud and has never been shy about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete